top of page

Cyclists' barracks

The cyclist barracks built in 1936/37 are on the edge of Fürstenwalde. Another name was Mars-la-Tour barracks. Before the war the 9th Cavalry Regiment was stationed here. After the move to the front, the cycling training department 9 was stationed in the barracks. There were 7 other barracks on the site. From 1945 the buildings were used as emergency shelters for refugees and the homeless. Around 1952, most of the buildings were demolished and new houses were built from the stones. In 1954 the Soviet Army moved into the abandoned building and converted it into a hospital. Today the historical structure is in a very bad condition and is deteriorating more and more.

bottom of page